I felt really bad my son wasn't with me. He would have gone bonkers seeing Spongebob and Patrick Star!
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
If you can't stand the humidity in Manila then invest in a dependable air conditioner. At some point, living here in the Philippines, you're bound to give in. Why suffer sweating throughout the summer months? Why locked your selves in away from the smog and endure hours of stale air?
Give your family some space to breathe and relax, invest in an AC unit that would soothe you to sleep without racking up a huge electricity bill. Of course, Moms you should know how to properly manage your hours of AC use.
I'm seriously thinking of getting an airconditioner for my son's room. I think Christmas would be a perfect time to get one considering the promos available. The last time I bought an AC was five years ago, I got one when my son was a newborn since he was prone to allergies, I bought an AC and an air ionizer then but we left the units at the old house when we moved out.
After going to the Electrolux showroom, I got to see their air conditioner series up-close. An Electrolux AC unit is an all-in-one model that can provide you with clean air, moisturized skin and targeted cooling. In addition, with an extremely high energy efficiency rating of 11.6, you’ll enjoy numerous benefits such as low noise, energy savings and optimal temperature without sudden changes.
I particularly go for products that are cost and energy efficient. I prefer products that are easy to use, I'm not much into features that require selectively programming a machine (like Daddycow does) I'm all for no fuss, pre-set functions. But with Electrolux ACs you have the best of both options.
What I like about Electrolux Air Conditioners:
- Cost Efficient. The air conditioner also minimizes power consumption - by reaching the required temperature rapidly, and then reducing power usage to just what’s needed to keep the temperature stable. This is great value for your money.
- User-Friendly. The AC has a luminescent LCD remote and one touch climate control.
- Unique Follow Me Technology. Call it cooling precision when your home AC sees you as a target. Carry the AC remote around with you and the AC tracks and directs the cool air wherever you are in the room. Oh yeah, the future is indeed here.
- It's easy to clean
- Unobtrusive design. It's not a noisy, hulking mammoth in the room, the AC can blend in with any interior style.
Bonus Mommy Points for:
- Vitamin C Filter. Say NO to Dry Skin: Electrolux ACs keeps you moisturized with its Vitamin C filter and for those who want fairer skin, you'll benefit from its melanin reduction features. This AC keeps you fresh all day by continuously releasing nano particles of pure Vitamin C into the air.
- Bio HEPA Filter. The Bio HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filter removes over 95% of bacteria and 99% of dust particles, and thus eliminates the problem of re-pollution when the filtered air is re-circulated.
- Active Plasma Filtration. This reduces the incidence of allergies, asthma and even the common cold by guarding against 99% of airborne allergens; 95% of harmful bacteria and 85% of viruses.
- Great After Sales Service. Electrolux won't forget about you. To thank their consumers, they would even call you up for the free cleaning service of your AC unit (That's 4 times in one year). They also have a 5-year compressor warranty.
For more info on Electrolux environmentally friendly products, call its customer care trunk line at 845-CARE (2273) or domestic toll-free number 1-800-10-845-CARE (2273) or visit their website at www.electrolux.com.ph
God Jul! That's Merry Christmas in Swedish.
Electrolux, a Scandinavian brand with 90 years of global experience in home appliances has just launched its special series of Split Type Air-conditioners in the Philippines.
Most of us are probably not aware that the global brand Electrolux hails from Sweden. Yeah, Sweden the land of garage punk music, graddost cheese and The Moomins. And I got to experience an early Holiday event at the Electrolux showroom.
A tour of the Electrolux show room kitchen
Event host DJ Mo Twister
A lovely Swede talks about Scandinavian Christmas traditions! Ja!
Mr. JP introduces Electrolux's new range of air conditioners. I so dig the Christmas tree tie, I wonder if it lights up?
Vitamin C Moisture Test: Studies made on the new Vitamin C filter. A special feature of the Electrolux Air-conditioners.
As an effect of the Vitamin C Filter, it restrains the production of Melanin, making your skin look fairer.
For lunch, we had a taste of Swedish Cuisine: Sweet & Sour Red Cabbage
There's lotsa Salmon in the buffet too
The Lovely Miss Kath from Real Living magazine
Time for games people! No hiding behind the Christmas tree
We got to spruce up this Ginger bread house!
Everything one needs to decorate a Ginger bread house is in a box.
My icing nozzle was clogged and I made a mess of the roof. I call this Hansel & Gretel after a blizzard.
Ginger bread house winners!
Q&A hour on Electrolux innovations
Miss Nikki Ong of the Manila Bulletin asked about the Melanin factor & the Follow-Me technology.
"Electrolux air-conditioners are designed for real consumers' needs and lifestyles." Mr. Terry Sales, Marketing Manager of Electrolux
We had the pleasure of meeting a local Jultomten. A Swedish house gnome who brings out the gifts like Santa.
A Toast and more God Jul!
A Christmas Raffle: Mr. Lance receives his prize from Mr. Dexter Ngo, Sales Director of Electrolux Philippines
The Electrolux Air Conditioner with the "Follow Me" technology
Obama lovin' (Obvious ba? In love ang lolobels!)
The event was a state dinner with the Indian Prime Minister and his wife, Gursharan Kaur.
Will our next Philippine First lady be this charming?
Mommy naman idinamay mo pa mga anak mo? (Mommy why drag your kids into theft?)
Years ago, there was this pregnant woman who shoplifted a large can of milk, her infant was starving. Mommy had gone criminal for her kid. She was arrested and thrown into jail with her baby. The next day a politician bailed her out and bought the milk for her. This was in the tabloids. This was sad and wrong yet somehow we find it in our hearts to understand the mom's predicament.
In this case, however, Mom and Pops are going high-end, thievery hits the designer stores. Read the original post and photo owner Mr. John - here at the Fatlace website
Sorry I had to post this, I really found it disturbing.
Monday, November 23, 2009
The key to making this routine work is consistency. The routine is not just for babies though, it works well with toddlers and 5 year-olds too.
Step 1 is giving baby a relaxing warm bath or punas (washing with a towel) or a spongebath.
Our Ate Midwife is such an expert. I learn a few tricks from her such as how to properly wash the baby's face in a soothing, circular motion instead of just randomly scrubbing the baby's face. The trick is to soothe, not to startle the infant.
Hey Mommy! brings back all bath time memories, ey?
Happy mommy bloggers : Giggles from the crowd as the doll slips into the bath water
Gently scrub baby's back and apply the Johnson's Bed Time Bath
Towel dry the baby
Place the towel hoodie near your shoulder and gently place the baby's head on it then wrap the rest of the towel around your baby.
Snug little babies
Step 2 is all about massaging and bonding with baby.
Remember, keep your strokes gentle. Here's a massage pattern you can follow:
• Downward strokes on the legs
• Circular strokes on baby’s tummy
• Outward spiral sweeps on the chest
• Small sweet circles on baby's face and scalp
• Sweeping downward strokes on baby's back, feet and toes
Mama is Working it! Soft ginger strokes on her baby doll
It's Oh So Quiet for Step 3! Prepare for nap time. Sing your favorite lullaby for the little one or read a bedtime story. Kiss and say goodnight when your baby is still half-awake. This will help the baby learn to self-soothe.
Mommy Salen keeping it real with the baby powder.
Spotted at the conservatory, Miss Roch in yellow is the only single lady in the house. Mommy Earth in blue gives her lovely daughter a big hug and Mommy Noemi caught on cam gives her hair a quick fix :)
Mrs. Tin-Tin Bersola-Babao has her own website as well called ParenTin.TvThe first online parenting show in the country.