Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Small Toy Accident: A Mom's Nightmare

Accidents do happen, as if we're not neurotic and overprotective enough of our kids, when these things suddenly occur, most parents go through a quick rush of guilt, fear and sheer terror.

My sister Jenny was making breakfast when her daughter Sasha told her she just jammed a toy ball pen up her nose. To her horror, a plastic toy bead was left inside lodged up her left nostril. Fortunately, my younger sis Cookie who is a nurse calmed the child down and took them to the ER. There was no way to get to the bead without some really long metal tongs to take it out.

After much crying and nosebleeds at the ER, Sasha emerged fine.
I guess we just have to be extra vigilant about toys with small parts, keeping our homes child safe through many ways. My sis Jenny is just thankful that it wasn't much worse and that her daughter wasn't afraid to tell her what happened.


It's me Tey! said...

thank you for the reminder...
this is an eye opener, sometimes mommies tend to forget...
we can't always say that accidents do happened if we can prevent it to happen.
its good to hear she's ok now... =)