Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Link Hotel Singapore

We spent 3 days and 2 comfy nights at a boutique style hotel called the Link Hotel in Tiong Bahru Road, Singapore.



There was a busload of us checking in, so it took awhile to get all the bloggers settled into the rooms.

A block away from the Link Hotel is an open market with food stalls and a hawker center.

A convenience store called Cheers is only 2 doors away from the hotel's entrance and a 711 which serves large slushies is across the street.

Our room was situated at the 2nd floor. It was clean, modern and minimalist. Well-suited for two people on a budget travel adventure.

I slept like a baby on my first night since I was really strung out from the day's events and luckily, the bed was just right for me. Not too soft, just firm enough like an orthopedic bed. Definitely good for my back. 

The bathroom's clean and the toiletries come with a handy dandy sewing kit for those little emergencies. There's no built-in hairdryer, but there's an electric water boiler for coffee and instant noodle cravings. The only thing I didn't like was the sink drain in the bathroom that would give off odd smells at certain hours. Otherwise, my room's perfect.


Mylene my room mate (Miss Ascertain Bliss) relaxing her legs.


Getting unpacked. I felt very tired from the flight, I hadn't slept the night before.
View from our window. Apartments with spiral staircases.

The concierge and staff were helpful and even on check out they allowed me to charge my camera batteries at their front desk.

It's easy to get into Orchard road and Chinatown from here and the cabs are accessible in front of the hotel, you don't have to wait too long for one to arrive. You can also walk a few blocks to a MRT station or take a bus to Orchard road. 

Overall, the hotel is comfortable and decent for family and business travelers.

Link Hotel Singapore
50 Tiong Bahru Road Singapore 168733
Tel: (65) 6622 8585 | Fax: (65) 6622 8558
Email: info@linkhotel.com.sg

0 comments: