Friday, October 30, 2009

More Razzmatazz from the Nuffnang Asia Pacific Blog Awards

Bloggers and bloggerettes came dressed to the nines at the recent Nuffnang Asia Pacific Blog Awards.

The night begins with the arrival of 400 bloggers and internet celebs. Twelve awards were presented, one for each category.

There's a magic show, a performance by Singaporean rock band Electrico and a video on Nuffnang history while we enjoyed our lavish dinner of Rosemary Marinated Chicken and a delectable treat of Praline Hazelnut Gateau with that flavourful raspberry jelly. Yum.

It felt like going to the prom haha.

But the night also felt a wee bit awkward for me, I guess because I was dead tired and most of us just met on the plane a few hours ago, so I wasn't in the mood to be all chatty with random strangers who either abhorred the idea of problogging while some couldn't stop themselves short talking about SEO the whole night. Strange as it sounds, it was a mixed lot of bloggers.

I thought I would be in the company of geeks arguing about the finer points of WP vs Blogger, but I was dead wrong, 'Scuse me? But no one told me bloggers were this fab in real life :) 


That they have other pressing concerns more current, and that they lead exciting lives beyond tapping that keyboard.

Anyway, I was just glad I was seated at table 35. I was in good company that lovely evening in Singapore.


And when it ended, everyone had a blast.



The blogging presscorps

The Winners! 

0 comments: