Friday, November 6, 2009

Lost & Found



Years of family photos.
The only ones left from several photo albums, most of the pictures got soaked when Lahar flood waters hit my grandma's house. These are the ones that survived.

They've been hidden in tin cans by my dad (our family archivist) while my mom is his total opposite, she doesn't like keeping photos of loved ones particularly when they've passed on. She would burn the photo albums to my horror. She believes in certian omens (pamahiin) that the dead then to linger at one's home if you keep so many personal belongings of the deceased. Or maybe its just the way she deals with grief.

But the task of organizing, digitally scanning and cataloging the family photos is now my responsibility. I found some nice "non-sticky" photo albums at a bookstore, I prefer the ones with the Mylar protective sheet, but I'm not sure if they are available locally though. 

0 comments: